Monday, November 16, 2009

Two Weeks Notice

Wow. I can't believe I have less than two weeks left in Perth before I go to Sydney, New Zealand, and Fiji. It seems like I just got here, and there is so much more stuff that I want to do and see before I leave here.

The trip down south was amazing. We stopped at the Stirling Range, Albany, Denmark, Augusta, and Margaret River. It was a crazy adventure to say the least. We saw the tallest peak in WA in Stirling Range; the gap, natural bridge, and blowholes in Albany; Elephant Rock, Green Pool, Circle Pool, and the Treetop walk in Denmark; where the Indian Ocean and Southern Ocean meet in Augusta; and we hit up a couple wineries in Margaret River as well as part of the Busselton Jetty. We had to deal with driving on the other side of the road, kangaroos sitting in the road, setting up camp in the dark, and many a thunder and lightning storm. I'm really glad we got to go down south, because its not what you might expect Australia to look like. It was really green and had forests, the one with the treetop walk had trees over 60 meters (almost 200 feet) tall, and those aren't the biggest ones down south.

The weekend before we left, we had the opportunity to go cliff jumping along the Swan River at a place called Blackwall Reach. The cliff was around 35 feet in the air. I ended up jumping, and I'm glad I did, but its definitely something I'm not rushing to do again.

Today, Jeremy and I made it to the Aquarium of Western Australia (AQWA) which was really interesting. The exhibits are set up as if you are traveling up along the coast of WA. Probably one of my favorite exhibits was the DangerZone, where they had some of the poisonous marine animals.

There is so much left that I want to do which I'm trying to fit into the last two weeks in addition to studying for my two final exams as well as spending time with all of the people here that I might never see again. Facebook may finally really be worth something besides a procrastination tool.

1 comment: