Monday, November 2, 2009

So Much To Do, So Little Time

I know am in my last week of classes. Everything is a bit crazy. Some of the girls we visited in Cairns are here visiting. I have three papers and a project due this week. Trying to figure out classes for next semester and coordinate registration with back home. And we're trying to finalize plans for the southwest trip. As crazy as everything is, I'm really trying to appreciate everything and enjoy the time I have left since it is almost over.

On November 23-25 6 of us went to Rottnest Island, which is just off the coast of Perth. We camped and grilled which helped make it a cheap trip. There are no vehicles allowed over on the island so we had to walk everywhere. We had the option of renting bikes, but the weather on Saturday was not very nice, so we opted to walk around the island instead. Sunday, Justin and I took the bus (yes, they have one bus for the whole island) to the west end. It was so beautiful there and we got to see dolphins and humpback whales.

This past weekend was Halloween, which was an interesting experience here. They don't really celebrate it, but it is slowly getting more popular. We all dressed up and went to the party that the village was having before going out to the clubs.

The weather here is finally really warming up. Its weird to keep hearing about the snow that Colorado keeps getting and seeing Christmas stuff in stores when the weather just keeps getting warmer.

I'll try and post pictures from everything as soon as I have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment